Monday, August 27, 2007

I pledge allegiance to the flag of these.....

Hey Everyone,

After 5 years and too much money, Julie finally made it (almost). Today she had her US History, Government and English test to obtain her US citizenship. Thankfully she passed the English test (whew!). Just in case you need to brush up on your US History, we now have a resident family expert.

With nerves of steel, Julie overcame her "test" anxieties and breezed right through. Now, we just have to wait for the Oath Ceremony and it will be official.

Apparently she can invite anyone, so those that would like to attend and can, we will let you know the date and time as soon as we receive the letter.

Till then I need to learn The Pledge of Allegiance myself, since the kids are going to learn in it pre-school this year.

Love you all,

Nathan

2 comments:

Jen said...

Congratulations Julie! I knew you'd pass. No need for crying over spilled water anymore (inside joke) haha. Nathan - I finally learned the pledge when I became a school teacher because we recite it every single day. I was caught off guard the first day of school though because I didn't know it. I hoped I faked it okay! Congratulations again on your test Julie!

Jordan Smith said...

yeah good job, now that you're one of them...you can be our spy.