Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My 19th First Day of School





Warning, This is a boring post.
If I include all of my elementary school years, college years, my first year of teaching and now this year of teaching that equals 19 first days of school. You'd think after all that experience I wouldn't have been nervous to have another first day of school. I wasn't as nervous as last year (probably because last year was my first year of teaching and the 6th graders were pretty big compared to these little 4th graders), but nonetheless I was still hoping that they would like me and have fun on their first day of school. Another reason why I was a little nervous I think is because there is so much build up to the first day of school. The entire summer was spent doing lesson plans, and catching up on reading. When I got back to Provo, I spent almost every waking moment it seemed like trying to put my unorganized classroom back into a presentable, clean classroom. Even with my mom, aunt and cousin helping me for hours it was a huge job (thanks for the help by the way!) The highlight of the day was actually at the end of the day when my old students (who are now in junior high) came back to visit me today. All in all it was a great first day of school and I'm wondering how many more of those I'll have. For those of you who thought that last comment was a suggestion that kids might be on the way, I wouldn't read into it that much.

2 comments:

Jordan Smith said...

We need to think of a reason for me to come do something in your class!
example: Dodgeball instructor

haha

Jen said...

Or Kickball instructor. We just played kickball against another 4th grade team and even though we killed them (13-2), they are waay worse than my 6th graders. You definitely need to come and visit for whatever reason! And that goes out to anyone in the family, feel free to come visit whenever you want, the kids (and me) love it.