Sunday, September 23, 2007

My New Favorite Place

One of the great things about being a teacher is getting fun ideas from your students. A couple weekends ago one of my students came to me and told me that she went to jump-on-it over the weekend. The name intrigued me and I questioned her for more details. She explained to me it was this new place that opened in Lindon that is entirely trampolines. Apparently it has trampolines that cover the ground of an entire warehouse along with trampolines on the walls. Thinking there is no way that someone would actually start a place like that because of the high risk of injury involved in the fun, I researched further, and to my delight such a place existed. So last night me, Dave, Jordan Allred and his "friend" went to Jump on it. Let me tell you, it is AMAZING. I plan on going there again on Tuesday. I was so excited as we were walking into the place I was running and jumping (I'm not joking, Dave was a witness). They, of course, make you sign your life away on a waiver which is smart on their part because for the short 30 minutes we were there I did get body slammed to the ground by one guy who jumped into me, and another close call when I jumped onto a trampoline the same time another guy jumped onto it and I had to roll onto the pads to avoid a collision. Other than that it was good times at Jump on it! The next time that anyone visits Utah, we are taking you to Jump on it!




Here I am jumping off one of the wall trampolines. It's so fun! Eventually I worked up do doing a backflip off of the wall trampolines onto the ground trampoline, but our camera battery died so there's no picture proof. Dave tried a front flip off of one of the wall trampolines and didn't take into account that it's on an angle and you don't really need to rotate very much at all. Haha he rotated so fast he skidded across the ground trampoline onto the pads. I felt bad for laughing when later he told me that it kinda hurt. Ooops.


Doesn't Dave look so great in that picture? Maybe it's because the flash makes him have such a bright countenance, nonetheless, Dave is looking mighty good!

4 comments:

Jordan Smith said...

I MUST go to this place.

Jen said...

I'd like to see how long our family could last without either getting kicked out or badly injured.

Nathan said...

Murder ball would probably be pretty fun there.

Diane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.